Article 5 of CRPD states that:
1. States Parties recognize that all persons are equal before and under the law and are entitled without any discrimination to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law.
2. States Parties shall prohibit all discrimination on the basis of disability and guarantee to persons with disabilities equal and effective legal protection against discrimination on all grounds.
3. In order to promote equality and eliminate discrimination, States Parties shall take all appropriate steps to ensure that reasonable accommodation is provided.
4. Specific measures which are necessary to accelerate or achieve de facto equality of persons with disabilities shall not be considered discrimination under the terms of the present Convention.
• H.E. Ms. Ana Sofia Antunes, Secretary of State for the Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities, Portugal
• Ms. Catalina Devandas Aguilar, Special Rapporteur on the rights of persons with disabilities
• Mr. Danlami Umaru Basharu, Member of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
• Ms. Géronime Tokpo, African Disability Forum
• Ms. Judith Heumann, Disability Rights Expert